Maintaining a green and dense lawn is no easy task. There is a lot that goes into taking care of a lawn. To ensure grass grows correctly, the soil needs to allow for water seepage and excellent airflow. This in turn leads to optimum nutrient uptake keeping your lawn green. Aerating lawns is no easy task when you don’t have the right tools. However, with the best tow behind aerators, you can easily poke holes in the soil and allow for air circulation. Water flooding on the lawn can easily seep into the ground and be absorbed.
Choosing the best tow behind aerators can be a challenging task for most homeowners. However, that should not be a big issue if you’re reading this post. We’re reviewing the best and top-rated tow-behind aerator for you. We’ve searched the market for hundreds of tow-behind aerators and narrowed down your choices. Read on and carefully choose one tow behind aerator to maintain your lawn. Below are the 10 leading tow behind aerators to consider buying.
- Table of the Best Tow Behind Aerators Reviews
- 10. Agri-Fab 45-0299 48-Inch Tow Plug Aerator
- 9. Agri-Fab 45-0518 40” Tow Plug Aerator
- 8. Brinly PA-40BH Tow Behind Plug Aerator
- 7. Agri-Fab 45-0543 100lbs Tow Spiker/Seeder
- 6. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124213 40 Tow Plug Aerator
- 5. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124331 100-lb Spike Aerator
- 4. Brinly SA-40BH Tow Behind Spike Aerator
- 3. Brinly DT-40BH Tow Behind Dethatcher, 40-inch
- 2. Precision Products PA42GY 42-Inch Plug Aerator
- 1. Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher 45-0294, Black
- Final Verdict
Table of the Best Tow Behind Aerators Reviews
10. Agri-Fab 45-0299 48-Inch Tow Plug Aerator
This is a galvanized steel tow plug aerator and a quality machine to consider buying. The plug comes with 32 knives that spike through the soil with ease. It is a reliable aerator with plugs digging deep up to 3 inches deep. You can be sure of a healthier and thicker lawn. In addition, the plug comes with flat tires to ensure easy and smooth transportation. Overall, this is a simple to use tow behind plug aerator with cantilever transport handles. You can easily raise and lower it. Lastly, the aerator comes with a 3-year limited warranty for confidence buying.
- Thicker and healthier lawn due to 3-inch deep digging
- Easy soil penetration due to 32 knives
- Smooth transport because of the flat tires
- Easy raising and lowering
9. Agri-Fab 45-0518 40” Tow Plug Aerator
This is a 40-inch wide tow plug aerator to cover a larger area with a single sweep. It is a durable design plug aerator with sturdy steel construction. The aerator comes with 24 galvanized and sharpened steel knives for easy and efficient soil digging. The coring knives dig deep into the soil for efficient water seepage and air circulation. It is an ergonomic design tow plug with flat tires for smooth transportation. In addition, the two plug aerator features a single lever handle for easy folding and storage. Overall, this is a reliable tow aerator with 140 pounds tray capacity.
- 40-inch working width thus faster
- Deep digging due to sharp and galvanized coring knives
- Easy to transport due to flat tires
- Folds hence easy to store
8. Brinly PA-40BH Tow Behind Plug Aerator
This is another excellent tow behind plug aerator to aerate and relived compacted soil. It is a durable aerator with reliable and efficient aeration. The machine features 24 heat-treated 16-gauge stainless steel coring knives. It easily digs through compact soil up to 3 inches deep. This is essential allowing water, fertilizer, and seeds to penetrate the ground. It is a long-lasting aerator with durable all-steel construction. The aerator fully-enclosed tray can hold up to 140 pounds of weight capacity. Overall, this is an ergonomic aerator with large 10-inch semi-pneumatic tires for easy transportation. The aerator is reliable working on turns and uneven terrain. Moreover, it is pretty easy to maintain with each plugging knife easily replaceable.
- Durable due to all-steel construction
- 24-heat-treated 16-gauge coring knives thus efficient digging
- Easy to transport due to semi-pneumatic tires
- Works on turns and uneven terrain
7. Agri-Fab 45-0543 100lbs Tow Spiker/Seeder
This is a durable rust-proof tow spiker/seeder to consider buying. The tow aerator comes with a durable poly hopper for long-lasting use. It is an excellent aerator with a 32-inch working width. You can easily cover large areas saving you time and energy. The machine is pretty versatile aerating and seeding in a single pass. It features sharp galvanized steel spike disks for efficient grinding. The aerator also comes with large 10-inch wheels for effortless transportation. There is a further 3-year warranty for confidence buying.
- 10-inch flat tires hence easy to transport
- Rustproof poly hopper thus durable
- Combined design for aerating and seeding at once
- Wide 32-inch working width
6. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124213 40 Tow Plug Aerator
This is a leading tow plug aerator ideal for preparing the soil for spring or fall planting. It is a durable design aerator to serve you for long periods. This is an ergonomic design aerator with large flat tires. The aerator is pretty easy to move by towing. There is a further release on the lift handle for easy and convenient storage. You can easily store the aerator against the wall saving space. The aerator features durable heavy-gauge steel and a welded drawbar. It also features an easy to use cantilever transport handles for easy lowering and raising. The aerator is reliable covering a wide area and digging up to 3 inches deep.
- Faster due to a wide 40-inch working width
- Durable because of heavy-gauge steel construction
- Large flat tires hence easy to transport
- Easy to store due to a release handle design
5. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124331 100-lb Spike Aerator
This is a large design 100-lb spike aerator to consider buying. It is a pretty solid and durable aerator with heavy-gauge steel construction. The aerator comes with 96 steel tine tips that easily penetrate through the soil to a depth of 2 inches. There is a further 100% rustproof poly hopper for long-lasting use. This is a large 32-inch controlled speed aerator to cover large areas. The aerator also comes with a handy lift lever for easy raising and lowering. There is a further universal hitch for easy and convenient attachment to tractors.
- Easy attachment to tractors due to a universal hitch
- Durable and rust-proof poly hopper
- Efficient digging due to 96 steel tine tips
- 32 inches working width
4. Brinly SA-40BH Tow Behind Spike Aerator
This is another excellent tow behind spike aerator to aerate and loosen compacted soil. The aerator features 10 tine stars with 8-inch diameter and 12 spikes. It is a reliable aerator that can penetrate the soil up to 2 inches deep. The Stars feature galvanized steel construction to prevent rusting and corrosion. Overall, this is a rigid all-steel design spike aerator to serve you for years. It also comes with a durable steel tray with a 110-lb weight capacity. This is a time-saving tow behind aerator to seriously consider buying.
- Durable because of the all-steel construction
- Large metal tray with 110lbs of weight capacity
- Fewer passes as it continually rotates with tractor turns
- Universal hitch design thus easy attachment to tractors
3. Brinly DT-40BH Tow Behind Dethatcher, 40-inch
This is another tow behind dethatcher with a wide 40-inch working width. It is an excellent dethatcher that covers a wide area saving time and energy. It is a versatile machine with two rows of 10 independent flexing steel spring tines that comb through the lawn. This is a great feature that helps promote a healthy root system. It is a versatile dethatcher that can be set to handle multiple tasks. This is an all-steel construction dethatcher with a heavy-duty tray with 70lbs weight capacity. It is an excellent buy to seriously consider buying.
- Heavy-duty tray with 70lb weight capacity
- Durable due to all-steel construction
- Multiple settings for different tasks
- 40-inch working width thus time-saving
2. Precision Products PA42GY 42-Inch Plug Aerator
This is another versatile design plug aerator with a wide working area. It is a precise design aerator that covers up to 40 inches with a single pass. The aerator also comes with a large capacity 150-pound tray capacity. There are a total of 32 plugging spoons to dig deep and loosen compact soil. This is a single lever dual action aerator to serve you well. It is pretty easy to use and greatly enhances your lawn healthy and density. The aerator penetrates to a maximum of 2.5 inches deep the ground.
- Deep 2.5 inches penetration
- Heavy-duty 150-pound tray
- 32 plugging spoons thus efficient
- Single lever action control hence easy to use
1. Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher 45-0294, Black
This is our final best tow behind soil aerator and an excellent choice to bring our list to the end. It is a premium quality dethatcher that uproots dead matted glass. It also helps dislodge packed dirt for easy planting. The dethatcher comes with 20 durable steel Tines for easy thatch removal. It is an ergonomic design dethatcher easy to use, move, and store. The tines are heat-treated, rust-proof, and replaceable. There are also transport handles for easy lowering and raising. Overall, this is a premium dethatcher made in the USA to the highest quality standards.
- Heat-treated and rust-proof Tines thus durable
- Easy to transport due to lowering and raising handles
- 40-inch working width
In conclusion, these are the best tow behind aerators in the market this year to consider buying. Maintaining your lawn is one of the best ways to keep your outdoors beautiful and attractive. Buy one of these amazing tow behind aerators today and aerate the soil today. You can be sure of better results with grass growing faster and evenly.